Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Alma 17:23
Inbox
x

Ashley Mecham
Jan 19 (1 day ago)

to me, Amanda, Austin, Elizabeth, Liza, Jamie, Kendra, Lindsey, Patrick, D, Ryan
"Yea, I desire to dwell among this people for a time; yea, and perhaps until the day I die."
That's how I'm feeling, sorry if I never come home!

This week was the best! Sister Tuia and I are experiencing so many miracles.
For example, we received a referral from the elders a few weeks ago. We tried so hard to find the address, but no one knew where it was. Then, the other day, in our planning, I really felt like we should try again to find it the next day. So we did. We found someone who knew where it was. They led us down some sketchy stairs to a door. When you open the door, there just a tunnel that leads somewhere underground. And it's pitch black. And of course I have to do a nice hunch walk in order to fit in the tunnel. Then it leads to a place that is not pitch black, but still a tunnel. But the ground changes from dirt to 2x4 bridges over a filthy river. And there are TONS of houses down there. I felt like I entered into a new world. Sister Tuia was terrified, but I was used to walking on the little bridges because of Palawan. We found the house of the referral. Then, for some reason, I really felt like we should keep walking down the bridge tunnel. Finally, it came to the end, about half a mile underground. And there was a house. And there was a man and his wife and his seven children sitting in it doing nothing. They invited us in. The husband, Candido, and his wife, Rosilyn, are legally married (which is rare). We taught them the message of the restoration and they all accepted a baptismal date for February. The best part is, THEY UNDERSTAND. They really understood the message. And, when we returned the next day, they had read a huge chunk of the Book of Mormon and are really praying to find out if it's true. They will be coming to church this week. All nine of them. We have really been praying to find investigators that will progress in the gospel, especially potential priesthood holders and families. The Lord is showering down blessing on our area.
Oh, there was another point to that story. On the way out of the tunnel (because, of course, there is only one way out - back the way we came_, Sister Tuia was so happy to see the light at the end of the tunnel that she started sprinting and in my laughter and distracted walking I hit my head on something SO HARD and actually got a mild concussion. But really, I'm okay. It was worth finding that family.

Another quicker miracle, SNOOKIE AND MEL BALANGKIT WILL BE BAPTIZED ON FEBRUARY 15. They are finally ready to have an interview with President Stucki and they chose their date for the 15th. I nearly cried with joy. They are the cutest family of all time.
That's about it for time. I love you all. Don't worry about me here. I'm the happiest I've ever been even though my head aches now. Hah, I passed the one year mark, but it just means I'm sprinting even faster! I love the Lord and I love His work.

No comments:

Post a Comment