Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Real Hard Week

Inbox
x

Ashley Mecham

Mar 9 (1 day ago)

to me, Amanda, Austin, Elizabeth, Liza, Jamie, Kendra, Lindsey, Patrick, D, Ryan
This week was a real hard week. 

I probably talked to more people than I have any other week in my whole life. And 90% of them did not want us to teach them or even come back another day. Our progressing investigators had problems come up - not unsolvable, only difficult. But, the faith is still there. This is still the Lord's work. I still love it.

There was one day (Wednesday - Ash Wednesday) where NO ONE was home and everyone we met did not want to listen. Everyone. For the whole day. We walked and walked and walked and walked annnnd waaaalked. Until it was 8 p.m. I was not discouraged. I knew the Lord had something prepared for us. Instead of going home early on the least productive day of my life, we kept walking. And talking to everyone. But there were barely any people. And then, out of no where, there was this man. William. I knew I wanted to talk to him, but a really loud voice in my brain told me that he would probably shut us down just like every other person we spoke to that day. But a really quiet voice in my heart told me to talk to him anyway. I did. He let us into his humble home. We taught him and his wife and his eleven children the message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. HUH? It was awesome.

Do you want to hear about my birthday? It was on Friday. We had weekly planning. IT RAINED (it's not rainy season, God just loves me). Sister Reyes painted my toenails like Hello Kitty because I'm so asian and so is she. I ate 2 snickers bars. Theeeennnnnnn: the birthday party. My birthday happens to coincide with the birthday of a very wealthy member in our ward. So we had a combined party. There was a chocolate fondu fountain and a halo-halo station and there were server men and everyone in all of Paranaque City was there - include the mayor. Yeah, the mayor of Paranaque was totally at my birthday party and I offered him the gospel. Bishops family gave me an awesome t-shirt and I got squeezed to death by too many small people. It definitely beat last year's beer pizza that I didn't eat. Happy birthday!

Oh yes, we watched Frozen. It was adorable. I recommend it to you all.

No time, I'm registering for classes.

Sister Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment