Friday, July 26, 2013

HEY HEY,

Sorry about it last week, I forgot to mention that I totally passed by 6 month mission mark. Does that blow your mind? That means in one year I will be home. Malungkot yen kasi I feel like I just got here. 

So, this week was a good one. Training is fun. My anak is funny. She makes funny noises and has no explanation for them. We had interviews with President Stucki which is always fun. But this time they came to our apartments which is stress zilla but good thing I'm living in THE NICEST APARTMENT IN THE MISSION. That's what they said when they got there. Suwerte, ha? 

This week was seriously awesome though. We're praying for and seeing so many miracles in this area. I have two stories. Ready, begin.

The other day we were in a rush to leave the apartment after studies because we were meeting our branch missionaries in the city - far from our apartment. As we were in the tricycle I realized that I forgot my umbrella. Then I looked up at the sky and it was black in the distance. Which means it will definitely rain later. And by the end of the tricycle trip, it was pouring rain. So we got to the meeting point and we positioned ourselves nicely under a building so as to be shielded from the rain. I was worried about my bag full of Book of Mormons because I didn't want them to be ruined - precious cargo, you know. So I took them all out to rearrange my bag so they wouldn't get wet, so there I am holding a millions books and arranging my bag when a woman approaches us and asks us, "How can I get one of those books?" BAM. We taught her about it quickly and she turned into a golden investigator for the elders because she doesn't live in our area. But listen, the Lord works in mysterious ways. Because if I had not forgotten my umbrella, that woman would never have seen the BOMs and asked for one. So yeah, that's awesome.

Toy Story 2: Our first week in our new area, my anak OYM'd an 11 year old boy while we were walking on the street near our apartment. I don't usually make it a habit of talking to 11 year old boys who are walking by themselves because, well, it's a little creepy. But she did it, so we ended up talking to him until he got to his street and we parted ways. That was that, so I thought. The other night, we finished all of our teaching appointments a bit early and were close to our apartment so we decided to "tao po" a house - which is what I call it when we follow the spirit and approach a house and try to teach the family inside. A woman came to the door and we offered our message and she had a funny look on her face. Then she yelled to whoever was inside - "Jorgie, is this the foreigner that you walked home with?" Out comes Jorgie, our little friend from the earlier story. He went home that day and told his family about a tall foreigner that could speak Tagalog. That's me. Then I tried so hard to convince them that it wasn't creepy and I swear we didn't follow him home... but they didn't care. They were happy and let us in and we ended up teaching their whole family. So rad, I'll let you know how that goes.

Culture: Spiders. I've told you about this, right? Spiders here are toys. Little boys collect them and play with them. It's starting to really freak me out. One of the children of our investigators was holding a little match box the whole lesson and kept opening it just a bit and would blow in it. And I was all, "What are you hiding in there, eh?" A HUGE SPIDER. So great.

Food: I'm getting so good at cooking filipino food. Be excited.

Anyway, my life is so awesome. I love love love being a missionary and am so so grateful for all of the support I get from y'all back in the states. Love you all!

'ster Mech

I've included a picture of me in front of one of the destinations for the Amazing Race. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment