Monday, July 15, 2013

Walang Oras
Inbox
x

Ashley Mecham
Jul 8 (6 days ago)

to me, Amanda, Austin, Elizabeth, Eliza, Jamie, Kendra, Lindsey, Patrick
I'm really really sorry, kids. I have no time this week. Like, I have to be at the chapel in ten minutes. Sorry 'bout it.

But listen, my life is beautiful. I'm training Sister Francisquete and she is a true gem. Even though her name is impossible. We are opening a new area, Puerto Princesa Branch 2b. So, I'm still living in the same apartment, just transferred to a different room. And I have to commute to get to my area now which is stinky. 

So what I want to write about is the SPIRIT. We worked Thursday, Friday and Saturday in our new area, completely blind. We didn't know where any of the members lived. There were no existing investigators and no existing baptismal dates. We had no cell phone to contact anyone. All I knew were where the boundaries are. So we made a game plan and followed the spirit and got 10 new baptismal dates in 3 days. But, listen, the spirit is a real thing. When you're doing what you're supposed to do, God promises that you will be guided by the spirit and we totally were. We were stopped on the street by a member who showed us a few houses to visit. From then on, TREASURE HUNT! It's seriously so fun. We go to a member and they tell us directions to another member and we find on the way there. Then, when there's no more members, the Lord leads us to people who know where members live. Those first few days we found 3 less active members that no one from the branch knew existed. And so many new investigators who are ready for the gospel. I'm so pumped to be in this area. That's all I have. 

I love you all. This is God's work. 

Sister Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment