Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Bato Bato Pik
Personal/Ashley's Mission Emails
x

Ashley Mecham <ashley.mecham@myldsmail.net>
Jun 16

to me, Amanda, Patrick, Eliza, Lindsey, Jamie, kendra.knudsen, Elizabeth
Dear, sweet, beloved family,

HAPPY FATHERS' DAY 'TAY! I love you, dad! You're the best. I hope you are having the best fathers' day ever. I will eat a steak in your honor. (I won't really do that... no steak here... I'll probably go to McDo though... so a burger in your honor!) Really though, thank for everything dad. Nagpapasalamat ako para sa lahat ng mga ginagawa ninyo para sa akin. 

So, this week... hah... I have not much to report. I'm slightly depressed because Hanzel won't be baptized this Saturday. Only because she hasn't moved yet into our area. There are rules about that which I am coping with. But we're figuring it out. We just have to wait. On the bright side, Antoneth should be getting married next week! Which means she can finally be baptized! Yeah! That's about all that's on my mind. 

We killed one of the rats. Mabaho siya. It's still tag-ulan here - rainy season. Which means no members work with us and no one goes to church. They hate the rain here. And they're so surprised that we still work even when there's rain. One of our members offered to give us a ride home after church and almost died when we told her we weren't going home until 9. That's how it is here. It's very amusing.

So yeah, mission life is still the best ever. I still love the 'ppines and never want to leave Palawan. I'm surprised every day by how much I understand and how much I can speak. Everyone else is surprised too. So yeah, not much to report. Masaya pa rin ako. Mahal na mahal ko ang mga tao dito. Mahal na mahal ko ang Diyos. Yen lang.

Love you all. Stay safe.

Sister Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment