Tuesday, October 29, 2013

A Day Late
Inbox
x

Ashley Mecham
Oct 14

to me, Amanda, Patrick, Liza, Lindsey, Jamie, Kendra, Elizabeth, Austin, D
Sorry about the late. We have TEMPLE DAY today so our p day was changed. We had interviews with president Stucki yesterday and let me tell you, interviews are so much different when you're a sister trainer leader. It's all about the other sisters and their problems and it's totally stressful! That's not completely true, but like I told you before, I never knew that so many missionaries have so many problems on their missions. For me, whenever there has been a problem with my companion or roommates or the work or stress or anything, I just dealt with it with my companion. But, now I have to teach sisters about getting along with companions and stress management and using preach my gospel to answer their own questions and it AWESOME. Hah. It's really fun, I'm happy to serve my sisters. MSH 2:17 I'm happy to serve my Lord.
This week has been great. We're finally getting the hang of doing back to back exchanges every week and it's become totally normal. It's also been such a blessing to us because we have just a little more motivation to be diligent because we want our sisters to be POOPED by the end of the day. And we're finding like crazy. It took us 30 minutes to walk a five minute walk because we literally have been talking to everyone and it's awesome. We're expected to have a model area which is especially stressful because president stucki said to us, "You are the four best sister missionaries we have in the mission." Which is not true but it motivates us to do all we can to become that so we can be an example to the mission. But don't worry about my stress because the church just came out with this awesome new book so we can teach our sisters how to better adjust to mission life so that will be awesome. Ramble ramble ramble sorry this email is boring.

The work is great! Did I tell you about JP? He is so golden. We got him as a referral from his wife who is a less active member but is returning. We taught him after he came to church two times and we set a baptismal date for October 26 which is so soon! His interview is in a week! He's totally ready though. He is going to be such a leader in the church. And they're so mayaman. They always feed us and always have real juice at their house. (In the philippines, 100% juice is like one million pesos.)

This is the Lord's work and I have no doubt that I'm in the right place. I'm so grateful for the support that I have from you all! Mahal na mahal ko kayo. Maybe I'll have more time and more to say next week! Take care!

Sister Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment