Tuesday, October 29, 2013

(no subject)
Inbox
x

Ashley Mecham
Oct 6

to me, Amanda, Patrick, Liza, Lindsey, Jamie, Kendra, Elizabeth, Austin, D
Answers muna:

1. I don't think I will have lasting effects from the pollution, but if so, worth it!
2. Manila is not still flooded from the typhoon, but every time it rains it floods. The deepest I've experienced is mid-calf only. 
3. Yes, I got all my luggage. Which is weird because now I just feel like I have too much stuff that I know I don't need because I've been without it for my whole mission. 
4. Ryan's farewell is not on the halfway point of my mission because that's a Wednesday! October 16 - Halfway mark. I cannot even believe it.

Letter na:

Aha! I've never been so stressed and so exhausted and so happy on my mission! I knew being an STL would be a lot of work, but WHOOEY it's a lot of work. We have to go on two exchanges every week, which means we do back-to-back exchanges in order to fit them in on the productive days of work. Then we have meetings - so many meetings. But, really, the most stressful part is we actually have to take care of the sisters! That is not something I entirely anticipated, but whenever their companionships are not getting along or their work is low or someone dies or anything, we deal with it. We get a call with a new problem at least once a day! Sisters are so needy! Hah, joke lang. I love love love all of our sisters and I feel so blessed to be able to serve them and help them and contribute to their mission experience. The only thing I still don't deal well with is consoling someone when they're crying... I've never been good at that...
So I went on my first exchange this last week. It was with Sister Jensen who is brand spankin' new and doesn't speak a lick of Tagalog and is tall and whiter than me. It was so fun. But I had to stay in our area... which I had been in for like 5 days... so, of course, I got lost. And I fell out of a jeepney. Don't worry, still alive. But I accidentally terrified poor Sister Jensen. 

I GOT TO GO TO TEMPLE TOURRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment