Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Puerto Princeeeeeesaaaaa

Personal/Ashley's Mission Emails
x

Ashley Mecham

7:48 PM (23 hours ago)


to me, Amanda, Austin, Elizabeth, Liza, Jamie, Kendra, Lindsey, Patrick, D, Ryan
Yeah, I spent the week in Puerto. It was amazing. I saw so many of the people I found who got baptized after I left. I think there are too many experiences in my brain to write them all to you.
 
The best was that I saw the Rosas family. I don't know if you remember, but I opened the area over there in Puerto Branch 2. There was absolutely no one there that the elders were teaching. So, using the CMIS (like a ward list), we located a ton of less active members that the elders didn't know were there and that the branch forgot about. Brother Jun Rosas was one of those less active members we found. His wife, Nida, was super receptive but there are very poor and live far from the church. It was really hard for them to get to church, especially because Brother Jun would spend all their money on alcohol and was almost always drunk when we went there. But, when we were there before, he started to change and they started coming to church. Brother Jun returned and Sister Nida was baptized right after I left. Now, their whole family has been baptized and they're preparing to enter the temple next year. Seeing them this week was a HUGE miracle. I was shocked by how much they have changed. Sister Nida worked with us for a whole day and bore strong testimony of the restoration of the gospel and how much the gospel has changed their family. I truly got to see how happy they were now. Before, Sister Nida would always cry to us about how much her and Jun fought and about his drinking and everything. Now, there is just pure joy. I even got to see them at church because there was a baptism. It was such a blessing to see how much they belonged there. I truly testify how much truly living the gospel changes people and brings real happiness to families. They made me promise I would come back and visit after my mission and bring my husband? So I have to start saving up the money and looking for a husband... hah.
 
There has been so much progression on Palawan and they're preparing to become a stake. I feel so blessed to have been a part of their progress, even if only slightly.
 
BUT, I was really happy to return back to Paranaque. As much as I LOVE Palawan, I was surprised to feel that I don't really belong there anymore. The Lord needs me here in Paranaque. Our area did struggle because we weren't here for a week. The members weren't able to make it to our investigators and less actives, which was disappointing. But, we still have some really great and progressing investigators. The Danong family is really golden. Brother Medison went from smoking a pack a day to 3 sticks a day in this past week, even though we weren't there. We're so blessed. I really feel the love the Lord has for the people here and I love seeing their progression.
Sister Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment