Tuesday, December 31, 2013

AYAW AYAW, pero, ayos lang
Inbox
x

Ashley Mecham
Dec 15

to me, Amanda, Austin, Elizabeth, Liza, Jamie, Kendra, Lindsey, Patrick, D, ryan.mecham
Last week I got to go on exchanges with Sister Reyes! Maybe we just talked about Palawan the whole time... mostly kidding. We did work I swear. But, as the exchange is coming to a close, Sister de Leon texts me, "Sis, magtatrain ako." My response, "Biro lang ba ito? Kasi, hinda sya nakakatawa." Which means, "Sis, I'm going to train." NOOOO! Sister de Leon has been fired as a Sister Trainer Leader and gets to train. This was a shock because, so far in our mission, no Sister Trainer Leader has been let go! They always finish their mission as STLs. But listen, even though it is sad news for me because I adore Sister de Leon, it is also great news because hopefully that will happen to me, too! Not that I don't love serving my sisters, I just super love training. And my new companion will be Sister Tuia! I met her in the MTC, she's one transfer ahead of me. She's from American Samoa and she's hilarious so I'm super pumped. I've been praying that my new companion wouldn't be American (I'm not racist, I swear. Filipinos are just easier to get along with than Americans...) But I only got a half american! Hah, I'm super excited. It's going to be like the old times with Sister Hunt. But anyway, let's talk about real things.
This week was a good one! It's been the first week in a while that we got to spend most of the time actually working in our area. We have seen so many miracles. We're working so hard to get baptisms this month. We have so many investigators that are so so so close. They all just have super huge problems and need to be interviewed by President Stucki in order to be baptized and that takes time. But, I am patient. We're going to have some really great baptisms in the upcoming week. Hey, can you do me a favor and pray for our investigator Elias Samonte? He's so great and is so ready to be baptized but he is struggling so much quitting smoking. We've done everything to help him, including making calendars, visits multiple times a day, daily scripture verse texts, calamansi juice, at iba pa. It all really comes down to himself and the Lord and his willingness to just do it. But, please pray for him. I know he can do it, he just doesn't believe that.

This week will be crazy. Transfer week which means I have tons of meetings and I have to teach a ton at the meetings and it's super fun and not stressful at all. Also, we have our mission christmas party! Who knew? Missionaries actually just party all the time. But I think Sister Francisquete will be transferring off of Palawan so I will get to see her! Mother and daughter united at last. 

Anyway, I just had a keyboard malfunction which took some time out of my email, so I know it's short short but that's just about good. Love you all!

Oh wait, the Christmas call is coming up! I'm not sure what time I will be able to call, but I'll let you know. Do you want me to call on Christmas? Or Christmas Eve? Or the day after Christmas? Which will be more convenient where you will all be there? Also, I can Skype you if you want. It would be awesome if the chitlins Braden and Bailey could be there because they're probably huge. I also have no idea how to skype from here, but let me know asap what your skype info things are so I can give it a shot. No promises, I might just end up calling. 

ttyoc

Sister Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment