Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Flooding Pasay City Hall with Book of Mormons
Inbox
x

Ashley Mecham
Dec 23 (7 days ago)

to me, Amanda, Austin, Elizabeth, Kendra, Jamie, Liza, Lindsey, Patrick, D, Ryan
Dear Family,

MALIGAYANG PASKO. Merry Christmas, eh. Christmas in the Philippines is the same as Christmas in Utah but replace the snow with drunk people. I know, I've used that joke before.

This week was a big cheese ball of crazy. They sell cheese balls here but they're 1,800 pesos, which is like, way over the missionary budget. So no real cheese balls. We had transfer day. My daughter, Sister Francisquete, finally came back from Palawan. (don't worry, I'm still reigning champ for longest sister on Palawan. I was 5 transfers, she was only 4.) Anyway, I got to see her. It was blissful. Her new companion is Sister Disoloila from Fiji who is insanely adorable. I spent the whole transfer day running around, teaching and helping the new missionaries. So I had no time to cry my eyes out because Sister de Leon left me. She became my best friend. She is the prettier, filipina version of me. 

The next day after transfer day was our mission christmas party which was okay, but I would have rather been working. Especially because when I got there our zone leader told me I had a main part in the play he wrote for our zone presentation. Ayaw kong umakting. That's that.

Then on Saturday DOROTHY was BAPTIZED. It was awesome. She's great. And guess who baptized her? Our other recent convert - Joshua! It was a beautiful experience. Before it happened, I asked Joshua if he was nervous. He said, "No, this is my priesthood duty." BAM. So rad. 

We then actually had a ward Christmas party that was a fund raiser for Tacloban. We gave them our Christmas party budget AND had a fundraiser Christmas party. Pasay is the best ward.

Oh, Sister Tuia is my companion. She is Samoan. She's my first companion where I speak more Tagalog than her. It's weird.

Okay, this is about all the time I have because I already spent most my p-day Christmas caroling with the primary children of our ward. We went to city hall and the children soften the hearts of the people and we made so many contacts and passed out so many book of mormons and it was such a great experience. But now I have no time to wash my clothes. It's okay. Who needs clean clothes? Char, joke. 

Merry Christmas! I adore you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment