Tuesday, December 31, 2013

LAFANG
Inbox
x

Ashley Mecham
Nov 25

to me, Amanda, Patrick, Liza, Lindsey, Jamie, Kendra, Elizabeth, Austin, D, ryan.mecham
Dear Family,

Maligayang...Thanksgiving! There's no Thanksgiving here so I'm not sure of the Tagalog for it... maybe, Araw ng Pasasalamat. 

This week was crazy and great! We went on 3 exchanges. We only had a little bit of faith that we could accomplish 3 in one week but the Lord blessed us anyway and we had great experiences! This week we will have no exchanges because we have TEMPLE DAY today and MISSION TOUR on Thursday. Oh, that's why my email is late. P-day is Tuesday this week. I am so excited to go to the temple. Bursting. 

Our area boundaries changed and I'm so happy about it! We got an addition of so many less active members that I'm excited to help return to the gospel! It is also really fun because it reminds me of the good old days of shutgunning an area on Palawan which was one of my favorite times on my mission. Hi, I'm Dora. I like to explore. The Lord is blessing us so much, maybe even more than we deserve. Definitely more than we deserve. We are experiencing so many miracles and it blows my mind every day.

I am thankful for the opportunity to go the the temple semi-regularly. I am thankful for my calling as a Sister Trainer Leader and the opportunity I have to serve the sisters here. I'm thankful for the miracles I am witnessing in Pasay 1st Ward. I am thankful for Sister de Leon who is so Christlike and a great example to me. I'm thankful that I am healthy and able to serve the Lord with all my strength here in the Philippines. I'm thankful for my family who has been nothing but supportive of my mission from the start. I'm thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, that lived for me and set the perfect example for us all. I'm thankful that through His Atonement, He provided the way for us to overcome our weaknesses and sins and return to live with our Father in Heaven again. I'm thankful for this knowledge that I have been blessed with. I love you all and I love the Lord and I'm happy to be here.

Sister Mecham

"Whenever you're having your hardest day, thank the Lord."
                                                           -President Stucki

No comments:

Post a Comment