Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Maligayang Bagong Taon
Inbox
x

Ashley Mecham
9:22 PM (15 hours ago)

to me, Amanda, Austin, Elizabeth, Liza, Jamie, Kendra, Lindsey, Patrick, D, Ryan
That was a strange Christmas call. The call dropped while you were making me talk to the cat... and then time was up. Hah! But it was great hearing your voices family! Mahal na mahal ko kayo!

This week was crazy time. We talked to SO MANY PEOPLE and it was awesome. Christmas was three set dinner appointments with members and then everyone else in the world forcing food down our throats. It was painful. But it was beautiful because we had the opportunity to share the reason of Christmas to all of Pasay City. But, sadly, the next day was suffering the effects of food poisoning. It was painful. I'm still feeling it. 

However, on Saturday we had the best day! Sister Tuia and I were feeling so sick but we felt like we really had to work anyway so we did. We would walk around like zombies and then pretend to be normal when we saw someone we needed to talk to. Then we would turn into zombies immediately after until we found someone else. It was awesome! We found a ton of people to teach! But by the end of the day, we still hadn't reached our goal for new investigators. We had set a high goal the night before and really had faith that we could reach it. It was 8:00 p.m. Our last appointment wasn't home and our back up was asleep. We were so happy. It was a great opportunity to find a family to teach. We said a prayer and the spirit led us to a street I'd never been down before. We passed a home but turned back. I was apprehensive about knocking on the door because it was late. But I knew the Lord wanted me to, so I did. A father came to the door and I had no idea what I was going to say. I opened my mouth and I don't remember the words that came out but he let us in. We taught him, his wife, and his 8 children the message of the Restoration of the Gospel. The spirit was strong and they invited us to return. It's a simple story, but for me, it's a miracle. We set inspired goals and worked with faith that the Lord would help us reach them even though we felt so sick. The Lord loves us, but even more, He loves the Monillas family and wanted them to hear His message of love and hope to the world.

This week I've been super frustrated with the disobedience of missionaries! I've accidently become the obedience police and it's really awkward. BUT, in John 15:18-19, Jesus teaches that if we want to be loved by the world, we have to join the world. But, He says, "I have chosen you out of the world." Especially as missionaries, we have a higher standard we must live by and though the world, or even other missionaries, don't see the importance of it, the Lord does. And that's that. 

Happy New Year, family. Don't smooch too much.

Sister Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment