Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Binyag ni Corazon!

Inbox
x

Ashley Mecham

9:56 PM (20 hours ago)

to me, Amanda, Austin, Elizabeth, Liza, Jamie, Kendra, Lindsey, Patrick, D, Ryan
This was a nice week. 

We met a woman who is Indian named Kamlu. She grew up here but her tagalog is choppy. So she asked us to teach her in English. Sister Jensen is happy. I feel like I sound silly in English. But it's okay.

Then we had a really awesome specialized teaching training seminar by President Stucki and it was awesome! I learned so much and it's so fun to improve my teaching skills every day!

Then, on Saturday,  CORAZON MILLENA WAS BAPTIZED. It was happy all around. At first, she told me she didn't want to bear her testimony after. So I told the ward mission leader so she wouldn't feel awkward. But, of course, philipinos are like this: Our bishop forced her to do it. Which turned out great! She only didn't want to because she didn't want to cry in front of everyone. But she totally did cry and it was actually really great and I'm so blessed to be a part of her life.

Before that, we had this really great lesson with this family, the Roluna family, that we just found last week. They're very poor but they are very rich with the spirit. They are very religious but they we excommunicated from Iglesia ni Cristo so they have no religion right now. Anyway, we taught them the plan of salvation and their faces were awesome as we explained it. They had tons of great questions. The dad, Roberto, bore testimony that he knew it was true and was so grateful that we taught it to him so they know that it's not enough just to be good people, but we have to find the true church, with the true authority to baptize, so we can follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ and go to the Celestial kingdom. Their understanding of the plan of salvation blew my mind. Then they committed to come to church. So we got up earlier than usual and went to the church earlier than usual because we really wanted to be there when they got there. We were half an hour early (which is way early because church usually starts a half an hour late). When we got there, one member of the bishopric was there (and no one else) and he said, "You have visitors." We ran inside and there they all were! Sitting on the front row! They had been there for a half an hour already! I asked them why they were so early and they just said, "we didn't want to be late!" They're so cute and I'm so excited for their progress as a family.

So that is that. I'm so happy. I love being a missionary. They're making me fill out a form for coming home. If I don't fill it out, I can't come home. Tempting?

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment