Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The Saddest Thing

Ashley Mecham

Apr 20 (8 days ago)

to me, Amanda, Austin, Elizabeth, Liza, Jamie, Kendra, Lindsey, Patrick, D, Ryan
It's a good thing that things I don't like always happen on Tuesdays so that I have almost a whole week to think about it before I email you about it! 

Last Tuesday we had interviews with President Stucki. I was SO EXCITED because I knew he would tell me I'm training. I really had no doubt. Then, we talk about some things. Then he says, "You know, Sister Mecham, it's always been my plan for you to train these last two transfers. But the Lord has a different plan for you. The Lord has called you to serve as a Sister Trainer Leader... again." My first thoughts were: NOOOOOOOOO. Then he noticed the little tears welling up in my eyeballs. "How do you feel about that, Sister Mecham?" "President, I was really hoping to train." "I know, I wanted you to, too. But that's not God's plan." Bam. And with that, I can't say it's not right. Even though this whole week I've been murmuring a little. But really, I'm over it. I'm called to serve as a missionary and my Father in Heaven will use me here how He wants me to be used. I'm just a tool, I know.

Other than that, this week was great! I got stomach flu, but that only kept me indoors for a bit. I didn't tell anyone so no one could force me to stay inside! Don't worry, I'll rest when I'm dead. 

Oh yeah, HOLY WEEK. Holy Week is crazy here. They close EVERYTHING on Friday. But everything is open again on Easter Sunday. It's a little backwards. But on Friday that have Procession which is a huge parade thing in the evening where every Catholic in Paranaque (which is many) follows around statues as they are paraded around town. It backs up traffic, but no one seems to mind. 

This week was awesome. I realized again the reality of the Spirit. Things come out of my mouth that seem a little unusual to me, but it really helps people. It's crazy. Not because of me, but because of the Spirit. It's because God loves the people we're trying to help.

UPDATE: What president stucki told me was confidential... But our district leader just texted and said no one is transferring. Hm! I'll let you know next week what actually happened to us! 
nang pagmamahal,
Sister Mecham

No comments:

Post a Comment